Carpet Cleaning in Hamilton
Our service areas are all the different neighbourhoods of Hamilton and surrounding communities. We work Monday to Saturday and make appointments in the daytime as well as evenings to accommodate as many of our customers as possible.
When Should You Clean The Carpet
Carpet is the most practical, fashionable and versatile flooring choice and it accounts for more than half of all flooring purchases made each year. It introduces colour and texture to your decorating scheme, while generating the feelings of warmth, comfort and beauty to your home. Carpets are designed to hide dirt and resist staining but even if they don't look dirty they should be deep cleaned on a regular routine.
If the the dirt is allowed to remain in the pile it can cause permanent damage that cannot be removed. Regular carpet cleaning will prevent pathways from forming as well as remove the washable dirt that vacuums don't get out. This dirt comes from cooking vapors, air pollution, and tracked-in dirt from outside. The particles of washable dirt deposited on your carpet can cause the colours to become dull. The color isn't lost, but it is hidden under the film of dirt. If this type of dirt is allowed to build it begins to attract the dry dirt.
Consider the services of Bubbles & Suds before your carpet and rugs begin to show dirt. Allowing them to become too dirty will make cleaning the carpet more difficult and shorten the life. If your carpet is cleaned before it becomes too unsightly, the cleaning chore will be easier and your carpet will be cleaner. Carpets in a typical household should be cleaned every 12 to 18 months, depending on the amount of activity.
Our cleaning process
We use two different methods of cleaning carpets. A Dry Foam extraction carpet cleaning system or a Dry Steam Cleaning Method. We have found that they do a much better job than regular steam cleaning methods. Using our process, most carpets are completely dry within 1 or 2 hours. We have received hundreds of compliments from many satisfied customers. The main reason we get fantastic results is because of the cleaning solutions we use. They incorporate a cleaning technology called Encapsulation which does an excellent job of removing spots and stains leaving no sticky residue and the carpets stay clean longer with these solutions.
Carpet Cleaning – Tips to Remove Spots and Odors
It is a mistake to believe that some of the extra stain resistant carpets and carpet with extra protection are stain proof. If you do not follow a proper maintenance schedule and practice carpet care, you will find that you will reduce the beauty and lifespan of your carpet.
Frequent vacuuming removes the dirt particles, which dull the colors of the carpet as well as develop wear patterns in the high traffic areas. The use of walk off mats in entrances prevents tracking the dirt onto the carpet and help to prevent soil accumulation.
All carpets will get spots and spills and it is important to remove these marks as quickly as possible to prevent these stains from becoming permanent. If a person is patient, careful, and willing to follow directions, they can successfully remove stubborn spots and stains. It is also imprtant to know that some stains cannot be removed. There are no short cuts to stain removal. It requires patience, proper procedures, and a little effort.
- 1.With a fresh spill, you should scoop up as much of the spill as possible. Then you should blot, not rub, the area with clean white cloths to remove as much of the moisture as you can. If the spill has dried on the carpet, you should scrape away as much of the spill as you can without damaging the fabric.
- 2.Spray warm, not hot, water to the stained area and blot with a white cloth. Repeat this process until there is not any stain showing on the towel.
3.If the stain remains on the carpet, you should mix a mild solution of dish detergent to a cup of water. Spray this solution on the stained area and let it sit for about five minutes. Spray clear warm water on the area and blot to remove any residue of the stain.
4.Continue applying clear warm water and blotting to remove any residue of the detergent and this will prevent resoiling the carpet.
- 5.Absorb any remaining moisture with layers of white paper towels weighted with something that won’t stain the carpet. When the carpet is dry, you should brush or vacuum to restore the texture.
- 6.If the stain reappears after the carpet has dried, it may be because it was deeply embedded in the pile and it wicked to the surface. This can be removed by repeating the cleaning process and remaining patient. Do not rub the stain because you could damage the fabric, spread the stain or make it permanent.
- 7.One method to prevent wicking is to pour salt on the area after the cleaning process. Salt will absorb any remaining residue and it can be vacuumed up after it has dried.
- 8.Stains from non-food or beverages could require special cleaning procedures. Most spills that contain oils such as shoe polish, creams, cosmetics, butter and salad dressings have to be cleaned with a dry cleaning solvent or rubbing alcohol. You would follow the same procedure using the rubbing alcohol instead of detergent mixture.
- 9.Finally, you should take care to remove any remaining odors from stains that were in your carpets. There are many great odor digesters on the market, which will eliminate any remaining odor instead of masking it.
By following a simple routine of removing spots and stain in your maintenance routine, you will get many years of life out of your carpets. They will maintain an elegance and beauty far beyond your expectations.